To view graphic version of this page, refresh this page (F5)

Skip to page body

You can use this page to request streetspace for building construction or building repair within Public Works Jurisdiction. A map is provided below.
Please be aware you may be required to obtain a building permit prior to requesting streetspace.
  • If you need streetspace within Public Works Jurisdiction for non-building related work click here
  • If you need streetspace within Port Jurisdiction click here
  • If you need to work in front of restricted streets (ie MUNI routes), Transit Stops, Near MUNI Tracks or bike routes, you may need to contact SFMTA after you receive your streetspace permit:click here
  • If you want to access the online fee calculator to check costs click here.
You are about to start a new streetspace permit request. You will be asked to fill out an address, request type, your email and street segments to use. Once done, please press the "Submit" button. Following submission of your request, you will receive an email from Public Works for invoicing/payment and tow-away signs will be sent by email thereafter. To submit a request in person, you may also visit our offices at 49 South Van Ness Avenue for assistance.
If you wish to make a site meeting request, or lookup the status of your request, please click here to find your request using your permit and receipt.

You can use the map below to search for an address to determine port jurisdiction (Jurisdiction), if you need approval from MTA (MUNI stops), or if the parking is in a residential area (Zoning)